• Free Estimates @ 619-444-0041

    Rain Gutter Cleaners

  • Contact Us For an Estimate!

    Request Free Estimate - Click Here!

  • We Are Top Rated!

    Deck Doctor Power Washing is a HomeAdvisor Top Rated Pro


    Deck Doctor Power Washing - Best of HomeAdvisor Award Winner

  • Categories : FAQ

    Question by JULLIE: what is the tube that allows rain to come down from the roof called? rain pipe?
    what is the thing that takes the rain from the roof and allows it go come down through a pipe…not a pipe but like a tube kind of thing, does it have a name and its driving me crazy…please someone answer me??

    Best answer:

    Answer by Willie_the_weasel

    Give your answer to this question below!

    rain gutter
    Image by velacreations

    Written by: Rain Gutter Cleaners

    5 Responses to “what is the tube that allows rain to come down from the roof called? rain pipe?”

    1. Sterling says:

      Down spout.

    2. c c says:

      Rain gutter, downspout.

      Oh, I feel a song coming on……

      “The itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout. Down came the rain and washed the spider out. Out comes the sun and dries up all the rain and the itsy bitsy spider went up the spout again.”

    3. wayne f says:

      it is called down spout and come in a standard or over sized for residential applications and the commercial type is even larger.

    4. Elwik O says:

      Yes, it’s called a downspout – but the proper term (if you’re dealing with tradesmen) is ‘leader’.

    5. Ken K says:

      it is called a downpipe in ozz that is

    Questions and Answers